– My little corner of the world for a couple of hours every weekday morning. I meet with Jesus here; it’s where I tend to hear him best, when all’s quiet and still, and the mad world is not yet demanding my attention.
– The painting hanging above our couch. The one that finally took its place on the big blank wall that taunted me for over a year. I sometimes find myself just staring longingly at this painting, as if I were peering through a window into another world, enchanted and sublime.
– The view of the Living Quarters from our balcony after a sudden (and brief) rain storm.
– Psalm 46:10 – A reminder to me, as I walk out of the door of my quiet sanctuary to take on the world, to be still and know that He is God.
– A typical lunch at home with the family. (My beautiful wife, in addition to being an amazing teacher, wildly imaginative artist/writer, and astoundingly grace-filled mother, is a superb cook!) Thankfully, I live just across the street from my workplace, so no cafeteria food for me!
– The eccentric child star is ready to take on the paparazzi!